Settlement Modification Lawyer

Life can change quickly in the months and years after your divorce has been finalized. Career changes, medical issues, necessary moves, and new spouses can completely change the direction of your life. Many times the original court orders don’t apply to your new life and can cause unnecessary barriers to you and your children’s success and happiness. We can help you file the needed petitions to the family court to modify the agreement in you and your child’s best interest.

Circumstances for Changing Court Settlements

Child support, alimony or child custody agreements can all be altered even years after the divorce has finalized.  The following are examples of circumstances that may allow you to modify your agreement:

  • Changes in income by one or both parents
  • New jobs or unemployment
  • A child may become sick or disabled
  • Remarriage of one or both parents
  • One parent may wish to move out of state or out of the country
  • Abuse or neglect of the child
  • Educational opportunities for the child
  • Drug or alcohol abuse by the parent

The Dorman Law Firm, LLC is a Connecticut Divorce Attorney on your side. Call us at 860-524-1862 or email us at [email protected] today to discuss your divorce or family related case.